Sunday, April 5, 2009

A rose by any other name

I have fielded a few questions about kettle bells recently and I'd like to hold forth on a few points. Weight is weight. It doesn't matter if it is iron, water, air, sand...whatever. The only concern we should have is if it is in a useful form for our purpose. Simple physics. If you have ever flipped one of these things over onto your forearm, you realize why we invited the dumbbell. Put "Russian" in front of anything and it becomes exotic and somehow better in terms of training mystic. If this fad gets more people training then I'm all for it. But to those who are looking for a better mouse trap, please think about this. The Hyper Sandbell is a much smarter tool. I could kick myself in the ass for not thinking of this one. Just like the Power Block. But if i could get rich peddling pods of iron i would too i guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVMwtuxrlwk

No comments: